Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Suggestion required in implementing Advanced Queues
Suggestion required in implementing Advanced Queues [message #308645] Tue, 25 March 2008 02:25 Go to next message
rolex.mp
I am using Oracle 11g Database in Linux Platform .

The scenario is like this ...

I am selecting rows from a table(say "A") doing some operations using PLSQL API's and finally dumping the results into other table(say "B") . Now the results populated are being used by the Java Worker , so the Java Worker continously spawns table "B" looking for the result which degrades the performance .

Is there anyway wherein I can create a event which can intimate the java worker at the time result gets populated so that the java worker can carry on with some other work instead of spawning for the result continously .

Is this possible by advanced queues so that a event occurs and may be the Java worker is called during that event ?

Re: Suggestion required in implementing Advanced Queues [message #310167 is a reply to message #308645] Mon, 31 March 2008 08:11 Go to previous message
rolex.mp
AQ does solve the issue , since instead of the worker waiting for the result AQ does register a subscriber which inturn notifies the subscriber about any message that is enqueued .

But I want to know whether I can call Java programs as part of the event notification and these Java API's doesn't reside in the database . So is it possible to directly execute the Java Program in the file system as part of event notification ?
Previous Topic: Best Queue Building
Next Topic: Recommended Configurations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:54:44 CDT 2024