Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem
icon5.gif  Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #275835] Mon, 22 October 2007 21:24 Go to next message
alson

hi, experts,

I have a problem in my Purchase requisition responsibility, When I open a PR, and go to lines, we used to be able to click on Tools -> control to cancel a PR line, but the function is not working now, when we click on Tools-> control, we will get this error message : "No control actions found in this documents", appreciate if anyone could help me.

Steps by steps reproduce the error :

1. Purchase Requisition Summary
2. Call out a requisition number
3. click on Lines
4. Click on Tools -> Control
5. Error message appear : No control actions found for this document.

Urgents , prompt solution is needed.

Thank you.

Regards
ng
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276043 is a reply to message #275835] Tue, 23 October 2007 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayaharan76

Hello

Pls check any Purchase order associated with the requisition.

If any PO linked to the PR, then first close/cancel PO Lines and then cancel PR

Pls update the results once u done

Thanks
Jayaharan K
Jayaharan76@yahoo.com
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276044 is a reply to message #276043] Tue, 23 October 2007 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayaharan76

also u need to login as a person who created the PR

Are you able to Open the PR Document ?
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276087 is a reply to message #275835] Tue, 23 October 2007 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

thanks for your quick response.
there is no PO attached to the PR, the problem happen even for those newly created PR, but in my test instance is ok.
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276225 is a reply to message #276087] Wed, 24 October 2007 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

even login as the person who create PR also have the same problem.

I have tried to regenerate form and menu, but the problem persist.

please help me , Very Urgent, and also please don't ask me to go to metalink as i don't have access on it.

appreciate if someone could paste to this forum.

if the solution is from metalink,

thank you.
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276303 is a reply to message #276225] Wed, 24 October 2007 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayaharan76

I have googled in the Oracle Metalink for the "Error: No control actions found for this document"

It only gives the solution for Internal Requisition only not Purchase Requisition

For Internal req, u need to cancel the lines in order import it seems.attached the Metalink notes for your reference

Have you resolved the issue.

Thanks
Jayaharan Krishnamurthy
Jayaharan76@yahoo.com
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276467 is a reply to message #276303] Thu, 25 October 2007 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

i don't have any PR link to OM. I heard my friends said they also facing the same problem, what they do is click on the delete button to delete PR line, but unfortunately, my delete button is disable.

may i know where to enable delete button ?
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276474 is a reply to message #275835] Thu, 25 October 2007 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abanilkumar
please check the control tab region in the purchasing options window....

The Cancel Requisitions options apply only to requisitions from which purchase orders were autocreated. Select one of the following:

Always: When canceling the purchase order, Purchasing also cancels the requisition.

Never: When canceling the purchase order, Purchasing does not cancel the requisition, so it is again available for inclusion on a purchase order.

Optional: When canceling the purchase order, you are given the option to cancel the requisition.

See: Controlling Documents.

Please reply
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276487 is a reply to message #276474] Thu, 25 October 2007 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

is optional.
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276494 is a reply to message #275835] Thu, 25 October 2007 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abanilkumar
is the PO Status:Approved,Closed ???
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276498 is a reply to message #276494] Thu, 25 October 2007 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

approved, open, the problem also happen to PR which do not has PO being created.
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276635 is a reply to message #276498] Thu, 25 October 2007 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayaharan76

How you created this Purchase Requisition, manual or from MRP or Out come of the Min-Max Planning report

have checked the values from the backend...

Thanks
Jayaharan
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276656 is a reply to message #276635] Thu, 25 October 2007 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

"both manual and MRP or Out come of the Min-Max Planning report" all have problem
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #276739 is a reply to message #276635] Fri, 26 October 2007 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

very very strength here, i have clone the most recent data into test, but the PR problem is not happen there . Any idea
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #277925 is a reply to message #276739] Thu, 01 November 2007 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

hi, I have set my Trace on for this two instance (Production and HLD), the trace start from Tools to Control in the PR line screen. Please look at the attached 2 file for the different and I believe this can give u guy a bit of hint to solve my problem.

thanks
ng
  • Attachment: tracefile.zip
    (Size: 15.65KB, Downloaded 1356 times)
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #278179 is a reply to message #277925] Fri, 02 November 2007 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arunkp76
Alson

Trace shows that the following query is failing. Follow the
steps to diagnoniose the query.

Step 1: Set Org id

begin
dbms_application_info.set_client_info(P_ORG_ID); -- asgn org_id
end;

Step 2: Run the Query as its is

SELECT polc.displayed_field, polc.lookup_code
FROM po_lookup_codes polc, po_requisition_lines porl
WHERE porl.requisition_line_id = 73757
AND NVL (porl.closed_code, 'OPEN') NOT IN ('FINALLY CLOSED')
AND NVL (porl.cancel_flag, 'N') IN ('N', 'I')
AND polc.lookup_type = 'CONTROL ACTIONS'
AND (( polc.lookup_code IN ('CANCEL REQ LINE', 'FINALLY CLOSE')
AND ( NOT EXISTS (
SELECT 'need a so_line is not cancelled'
FROM po_requisition_lines porl,
po_requisition_headers porh,
po_system_parameters posp
WHERE porh.requisition_header_id = 27459
AND porl.requisition_line_id = 73757
AND porh.requisition_header_id =
porl.requisition_header_id
AND (oe_order_import_interop_pub.get_open_qty
(posp.order_source_id,
porh.requisition_header_id,
porl.requisition_line_id
)
) > 0)
AND NOT EXISTS (
SELECT 'Check for lines in the interface table'
FROM oe_lines_iface_all soli,
po_system_parameters posp,
po_requisition_lines porl,
po_requisition_headers porh
WHERE porh.requisition_header_id = 27459
AND porl.requisition_line_id = 73757
AND porh.requisition_header_id =
AND soli.orig_sys_document_ref =
porh.requisition_header_id
AND soli.orig_sys_line_ref =
porl.requisition_line_id
AND soli.order_source_id =
TO_CHAR (posp.order_source_id))
) /* OR (POLC.lookup_code in ('FINALLY CLOSE')) */
)
)
ORDER BY polc.displayed_field

Step 3: Run the following query. If returns value, then analyze the two 'not exist' condition, why the same is blocking the query to return a value. If it's not returning any value remove the hard coded values one by one and analyse the problem.

SELECT polc.displayed_field, polc.lookup_code
FROM po_lookup_codes polc, po_requisition_lines porl
WHERE porl.requisition_line_id = 73757
AND NVL (porl.closed_code, 'OPEN') NOT IN ('FINALLY CLOSED')
AND NVL (porl.cancel_flag, 'N') IN ('N', 'I')
AND polc.lookup_type = 'CONTROL ACTIONS'
AND (( polc.lookup_code IN ('CANCEL REQ LINE', 'FINALLY CLOSE')

Hope the above steps helps you

Regards ... Arun
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #278513 is a reply to message #278179] Sun, 04 November 2007 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

hi, Arun,

thanks for your response, below the error and result for each step.

1. begin
dbms_application_info.set_client_info(P_ORG_ID); -- asgn org_id
end;

Error message in both instance.

ORA-06550: line 2, column 39:
PLS-00201: identifier 'P_ORG_ID' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 2, column 1:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

2. in HLD(test)
DISPLAYED_FIELD LOOKUP_CODE

Cancel Requisition Line CANCEL REQ LINE
Finally Close FINALLY CLOSE

in Prod (production)
as per attached

3. Both instanse with the below results.
DISPLAYED_FIELD LOOKUP_CODE

Cancel Requisition Line CANCEL REQ LINE
Finally Close FINALLY CLOSE

Please tell me what is next I should do.

thanks
ng
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #278515 is a reply to message #278179] Sun, 04 November 2007 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

sorry , I forget to attached the file.
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #278526 is a reply to message #275835] Sun, 04 November 2007 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

hi, I found that the problem start from the script below

AND soli.orig_sys_document_ref = porh.requisition_header_id
AND soli.orig_sys_line_ref =
porl.requisition_line_id
AND soli.order_source_id =TO_CHAR (posp.order_source_id)

in HLD(test), able to tell me there is no record return, but in Prod(production), i will get error message :

ORA-01722: invalid number

thanks

regards
ng
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #278880 is a reply to message #278526] Tue, 06 November 2007 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arunkp76
Alson,

Hope the issue is resolved and you could understand the problem in the data... Please ping back if any further assistance required.

Regards ... Arun
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #278882 is a reply to message #278880] Tue, 06 November 2007 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

hi, Arun,

Please guide me on how to solve the problem. I am still waiting for your solution as I not sure how to solve it.

thanks

regards
ng
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #278883 is a reply to message #275835] Tue, 06 November 2007 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

i suspect the problem is to_char as the error message is ora-01722 invalid number. please guide me on how to solve the problem. thanks
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #278889 is a reply to message #275835] Tue, 06 November 2007 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

hi, sorry, i try to remark as below, it return value, which mean the problem is only come from the remarked 4 lines only.

please guide me, thanks

-- AND soli.orig_sys_document_ref =
-- porh.requisition_header_id
-- AND soli.orig_sys_line_ref =
-- porl.requisition_line_id
TO_CHAR (posp.order_source_id))
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #278925 is a reply to message #278889] Tue, 06 November 2007 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arunkp76
Hi Alison,

If you are quite sure that the error is coming at the to_char() conversion then proceed the step below and get back...

1. Run the following script and see that you are getting the same 'invalid number' error or not.

select to_char(order_source_id) from po_system_parameters_all

2. If the same error is coming then go to=>

Purchasing => Setup => Organization => Purchasing Option => Internal Requisition

Check the field 'Order type' for all the operating units. I doubt that one of your operating unit has an invalid value in this column. You need to fix it.

Or you can optionally run the following script for all your operating unit one by one and find out which operating unit is causing the query to fail.

select to_char(order_type_id) from po_system_parameters_all where org_id = p_org_id (operating unit id)

I'm totally going by asswumption that the to_char is creating the problem based on your inputs.

Regards ... Arun
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #279077 is a reply to message #278925] Tue, 06 November 2007 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

hi, Arun,

I supposed you overlook my last update, please guide me if the problem come from the following ? anywhere i have try check the Purchasing Option as you mention, but it looks like the same.

"hi, sorry, i try to remark as below, it return value, which mean the problem is only come from the remarked 4 lines only.

please guide me, thanks

-- AND soli.orig_sys_document_ref =
-- porh.requisition_header_id
-- AND soli.orig_sys_line_ref =
-- porl.requisition_line_id
TO_CHAR (posp.order_source_id)) "

both environment working find with the below :
select to_char(order_source_id) from po_system_parameters_all

I wonder if this is something to do with the environment settings:

[Updated on: Tue, 06 November 2007 19:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #279172 is a reply to message #275835] Wed, 07 November 2007 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arunkp76
Dear,

Run the following script ...

select to_number(orig_sys_document_ref),
to_number(orig_sys_line_ref) from
oe_lines_iface_all

If the same error message ('ORA-01722: invalid_number') is coming. Then the assumption is that one of this column in the select statement is having a junk / char data which is causing this error.

I suggest you to clear the Order header interface and order line interface then retry cancelling the PR line. Rather than clearing the entire records in the interface, if you could find out the exact record that is creating the number conversion error problem that will be too good.

Note: Before clearing any interface table make sure the data is obselete and is not required

Regards ... Arun
Re: Urgent : Purchase Requisition - tools -> control at line level problem [message #289869 is a reply to message #279172] Wed, 26 December 2007 06:00 Go to previous message
alson

hi, Arun,

sorry for my very late reply because i busy on other stuff,

We have no problem running below script in both environment.

select to_number(orig_sys_document_ref),
to_number(orig_sys_line_ref) from
oe_lines_iface_all

Referring to the previous script,

1. select 'Check for lines in the interface table'
2. from oe_lines_iface_all soli,
3. po_requisition_headers porh,
4. po_system_parameters posp,
5. po_requisition_lines porl
6. where soli.order_source_id = TO_CHAR (posp.order_source_id)
7. AND soli.orig_sys_line_ref = porl.requisition_line_id
8. AND porl.requisition_line_id = 73757
9. AND soli.orig_sys_document_ref =porh.requisition_header_id
10. and porh.requisition_header_id = 27459
11. AND porh.requisition_header_id =porl.requisition_header_id

i have some new finding here :
1. if i remark either line no (3,9,10,11) or line no (5,7,8,11),
the script can return 'no row' in both environment.

2. if i remove all the remark, the Production instanse will return ora-07122, but the Test can return 'no row'

3. if i replace line 1 with select *, both environment can run without any error.

* it seems that error happen once the requisition header link with requistion line

I am sorry for my broken English, but i hope you can understand what i am trying to tell you.

any suggestion to solve this problem ?

thanks

Previous Topic: Payment Batch flow
Next Topic: Dff header change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 18:45:20 CDT 2024