Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » NetCool products
NetCool products [message #113612] Tue, 23 January 2001 09:48 Go to next message
Fred Orenics
Does anyone use NETCOOL to capture alerts from Unix? Can we send CICS alerts to NETCOOL? Does anyone do it? Can CICS check the status of a Unix Oracle DB using NETCOOL? Some other way?
Re: NetCool products [message #113689 is a reply to message #113612] Mon, 18 June 2001 06:18 Go to previous message
Hans Gehrts
: Does anyone use NETCOOL to capture alerts from Unix? Can we send CICS alerts to NETCOOL? Does anyone do it? Can CICS check the status of a Unix Oracle DB using NETCOOL? Some other way?

Hi Fred!

Have you had an answer? If not: ask your Micromuse Techie... if you don't know him, give me the name of your company, where you are running netcool. I'll find somebody out for you.
Besides: Unix alarms can be gathered by netcool via a Syslog Probe for example. I'm not sure about CICS... but if it can send alarms to a 3270 console, you can get them via the Netcool DCM, data center monitor. This soft runs completely over network, you don't need to install anything on the CICS machine.
Oracle: there are multiple ways... I need more infos to say what the best way would be. Drop me an email or ask the Micromuse techie...

cheers,
Hans-Henning
Previous Topic: Capturing oracle errors in Sql loader using direct load
Next Topic: VERY Large Databases
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:17:03 CDT 2024