Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Help please! Can't find Oracle Transparent Gateway for SQLServer
Help please! Can't find Oracle Transparent Gateway for SQLServer [message #75681] Thu, 05 February 2004 13:16 Go to next message
Tony
Hi,
I was in the process of installing Oracle Transparent Gateway for Microsoft SQLServer (for replication purposes between oracle and sqlserver) on Oracle 9i on Solaris 5.8 and unable to find the component in the installation list while running the Oracle Universal Installer. All I see under Oracle Transparent GAteways 9.20.1.0 tree is :
OTG for Informix, OTG for Sybase, OTG for INGRES and OTG for Teradata.

I have the Original Oracle installation CDs, but couldn't find anything specific on OTG for MSSQLSERVER. However the OTGMSSQL installation documentation says that it should be availablein the list.
Could someone please let me know how I could go about getting/downloading this (I can't find it anywhere on the oracle download site). If its on CD, where it is available, because its not on any of the 3 Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 installation CDs.

Thanks
Tony
Re: Help please! Can't find Oracle Transparent Gateway for SQLServer [message #75683 is a reply to message #75681] Fri, 06 February 2004 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anand
Oracle Transparent Gateway should be available in Oracle9i database server installation kit itself. It is one of the compoenents in Oracle9i database.
The download version of OTG is not available anywhere. Even I had undergone the same days and found to be in the installation kit.

BTW, I am working on replicating Oracle data onto SQL server 2000 using Streams and OTG. Let me know if you have any sample code to do this.
(Don't give the link of streams sample code, it is fpr quite complicate setup)

Rgds
Anand
Re: Help please! Can't find Oracle Transparent Gateway for SQLServer [message #75684 is a reply to message #75683] Tue, 10 February 2004 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony
well, I tried running the Oracle Installer from the Original 9i CDs and can't find OTGMSSQL in the list. Everything else is there...!!!!!
Re: Help please! Can't find Oracle Transparent Gateway for SQLServer [message #75696 is a reply to message #75684] Fri, 09 April 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don
Do a 'custom' install of the full enterprise edition and expand the 'network' section. You'll find it there.
Re: Help please! Can't find Oracle Transparent Gateway for SQLServer [message #75706 is a reply to message #75696] Fri, 21 May 2004 06:59 Go to previous message
Dave
I'm looking under network on 9.2.0.4 install
I see Informix, Sybase, Ingres and Teradata.

I do not see SQL Server ?

Need to use Oracle & SQL Server 2000 together.
Previous Topic: Streams DML to java JMS client
Next Topic: Deadlock detected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:29:17 CDT 2024