Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Quick Question, Forms from DDL
icon5.gif  Quick Question, Forms from DDL [message #631696] Sun, 18 January 2015 17:51 Go to next message
Beatrice15
Hi, I have this assignment at school and I could really use some help.

I've made a logical model and a relational model in Data Modeler, and now I should use the DDL file in Oracle Application Express builder to create a user interface, input some data for testing and make 3 simple forms and 1 constructed form (translating the assignment instructions, no idea about the terminology). I don't even know where to start on the Application Express page and I'm getting kinda desperate.

So pissed off at the moment, there was nothing useful or related to this at the course lectures and now I'm going with trial and error, wasting hours for nothing ... Any advise will be greatly appreciated, thank you! (the "change school" is an obvious one, but I'm almost done, so I'll go through with it)

[Updated on: Sun, 18 January 2015 17:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Quick Question, Forms from DDL [message #631711 is a reply to message #631696] Mon, 19 January 2015 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I didn't quite understand whether you have already created a schema (I suppose you have) and tables (based on the model)? If not, you should do that first.

Once you have tables, go to Apex. Did someone (administrator) create a workspace and a developer for you? If not, you can't do anything until there's a workspace whose underlying schema is a schema that contains tables you created.

When everything is set up, connect to Apex and create an application (from scratch); just follow the wizard. Then go to Application Builder, select that application and click the "Create page" button. It will open a wizard which will guide you through the whole process. In there, one of options you could use is "Form -> Form on a table with report". That wizard will create an interactive report (so that you could view what's stored in a table) and a form (which will be used to insert new records or update/delete existing ones.

Finally, I'd suggest you to bookmark & read Application Builder User's Guide as it will answer most of your questions.

P.S. Kak je v deželi? Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 19 January 2015 01:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Quick Question, Forms from DDL [message #631779 is a reply to message #631711] Mon, 19 January 2015 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beatrice15
Hi,
thank you for your reply. What I have is a logical model, a relational model, and the DDL from it. I also have the workspace access so that's fine.
Re: Quick Question, Forms from DDL [message #631791 is a reply to message #631779] Mon, 19 January 2015 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Does it mean that there are no questions left? Did you manage to create any form or a report?
Re: Quick Question, Forms from DDL [message #631793 is a reply to message #631791] Mon, 19 January 2015 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beatrice15
Working side by side with a youtube tutorial from Jennifer Kreie at the moment. Who knows how many problems will arise from my deformed relational model, ha.
Re: Quick Question, Forms from DDL [message #631859 is a reply to message #631793] Wed, 21 January 2015 00:10 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
OK then. I suppose we'll see you again if necessary.
Previous Topic: Copy Item Value
Next Topic: Where condition to remove duplicate rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:53:46 CDT 2024