Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Single Node RAC (11.2.0.3 , Redhat 5.3)
Single Node RAC [message #572052] Wed, 05 December 2012 10:59 Go to next message
mail.madhankumar
Hi All,

i have implemented Rac One node with two machine(dbtest01,dbtest02) in 11.2.0.3 Redhat 5.3 one for online another one for offline. i have created TAF also.

dbtest01 is online and create one query
DECLARE
i number(36):=1;
begin
while(i<10000000)
loop
dbms_output.put_line(i);
i:=i+1;
end loop;
end;

i executed above query for test and i made relocate database using srvctl utility to dbtest02 machine.

session is relocated successfully with new session id...
above query getting stop in 25000 itself.
i want to make it continue that process..
also i tried to find Omotion utility in all the path.. couldn't find it... where will it be..
i want to relocate all the session without losing work.

from application i am getting disconnect after relocation.. application server need to restart to get work again...

Re: Single Node RAC [message #572053 is a reply to message #572052] Wed, 05 December 2012 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Your test is not running a query, it is running an anonymous pl/sql block. It is only SELECT statements that can fail over, not pl/sql.
Re: Single Node RAC [message #572059 is a reply to message #572053] Wed, 05 December 2012 12:31 Go to previous message
mail.madhankumar
Hi John,
Thanks for Reply.. it works now.. but it takes little bit more time to execute from new server.. i have given delay 5 and retry 180.. will it get improve if i reduce it..
is it possible to relocate other quries , like procedure plsql blocks.. because if i implement with Java application , mostly it works with procedures and some other method.. so there is no use for that if it is not relocated..
can you say where can i find Omotion utility in 11.2.0.3 ...

in java application i implemented.. but it's not working application after relocation.. so i should restart application server to bring aplication online..
Previous Topic: CRS-4535: Cannot communicate with Cluster Ready Services
Next Topic: Archive logs are missing in hot backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:15:58 CDT 2024