Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » PDF garbage display (Oracle 10g, PL/SQL)
PDF garbage display [message #520570] Tue, 23 August 2011 09:45 Go to next message
brendaivett
Hello,
I wonder if it has happened to you what I've seen with my pdf, even though it has been only occasional.
I'm generating a PDF with PL/SQL, by using a utility that somebody else made public in the web, and I'm attaching it to this message.

And sometimes, when I show the pdf, it first displays a lot of "garbage" in the browser (either one Firefox or IE, although it has happened more with Firefox).

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to happen when the session was left in the middle.

Have you seen this before?, is there any additional "cleaning" I should do even though from what I saw in the utility code (within attached file), the pdf is always created as temporary.

Could you please advice me as to what to do to avoid this "garbage" from displaying?

Thanks in advance,

Brenda
Re: PDF garbage display [message #522124 is a reply to message #520570] Tue, 06 September 2011 14:01 Go to previous message
andrew again
I assume the .pdf is being generated each time before it gets viewed? If so, it could be that your users is doing some sort or double-click thing that's corruping the file. Check the size & ckecksum when the issue occurs. Google for "Preventing multiple clicks of submit button"
Previous Topic: Modify URL in pl sql web toolkit
Next Topic: Building Web Services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:30:32 CDT 2024