Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Master Details Form
Master Details Form [message #484721] Thu, 02 December 2010 07:30 Go to next message
bryant2010
Hi I'm developing an application using application express and I need a little help.

I have created a master details report to edit 2 tables.
I can click edit and add to both tables but I cant click create and add to both it will only display both for creating a new row in each.

I can create a new row in the first table and then click edit to add rows on the second table which which isn't very user friendly.

Is there any way to make this work?

Thanks in advance for any help

Bryan

Actually solved it but is there a way to make the create button submit data for both tables.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 December 2010 07:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Master Details Form [message #484753 is a reply to message #484721] Thu, 02 December 2010 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its_me_ved
Have a look at the demo application by Denes Kubicek. Have a look at the examples:

http://htmldb.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=31517:1

Here is an example to add rows to detail report using jQuery:
http://htmldb.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=31517:257:1247818443995070::NO

You can also use jQuery dialog to edit each row of the detail report.

Regards
Ved

Re: Master Details Form [message #484755 is a reply to message #484753] Thu, 02 December 2010 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bryant2010
I cant find anything related to master detail forms and adding data to both tables on there.

Is it not possible for it to add a new row to both tables at one time using the submit button without a JQuery? trying to keep it simple and would require me learning about JQueries

How does application express assign the data when you press the submit button, does it use all fields from that region or are the column names set somewhere in the settings I cant seem to find.
Re: Master Details Form [message #484759 is a reply to message #484755] Thu, 02 December 2010 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its_me_ved
Have a look at this:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14373_01/appdev.32/e13363/pdf_report.htm#BABEDEGB

Does this help you?

Regards
Ved

[Updated on: Thu, 02 December 2010 12:13]

Re: Master Details Form [message #484761 is a reply to message #484759] Thu, 02 December 2010 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bryant2010
No Ved I used the oracle tutorials to learn the problem is that I have created the report and form.

It would be better to explain a little its a sales report one table is the orders which tracks the customer_id delivery date etc and the other is ordered_items table which stores the products purchased in each order using the product_id and the order_id as foreign keys.

So when I click create in the master details report it brings up fields to enter the order data but not the products_ordered. To do this I need to create an order then edit that order to add the products.

I hope this is clear enough Ved and thank you for your help.
Re: Master Details Form [message #484945 is a reply to message #484761] Fri, 03 December 2010 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its_me_ved
Quote:

No Ved I used the oracle tutorials to learn the problem is that I have created the report and form.

You don't need to create the report and form separately.you just need to choose the option master detail form.It would help if you provide the test case (create table and insert statement) or create a demo and provide the link so that we can look at it.

Regards
Ved

[Updated on: Fri, 03 December 2010 22:06]

Re: Master Details Form [message #484965 is a reply to message #484945] Sat, 04 December 2010 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bryant2010
I have created a master detail report the form is automatically created along side it.
You can only create on one table at a time and can update both tables at the same time.

I can email you credentials and you can have a look at what I mean on apex if you like. I don't think what I mean is clear enough.
Re: Master Details Form [message #485042 is a reply to message #484965] Sun, 05 December 2010 13:26 Go to previous message
Its_me_ved
Instead of PM a particular person, it would be great if you create a demo and provide a link here so that other member here in this forum also can take a look at it and provide some solution.

By the way, I did logged in with the login credential you provided but it seems that I am not authorized to access your application with the id you provided.

You wrote:
Quote:

I have created a master detail report the form is automatically created along side it.
You can only create on one table at a time and can update both tables at the same time.

You wrote:
Quote:

I don't think what I mean is clear enough.

Yes, You are right. I did not understand when you said: "You can only create on one table at a time and can update both tables at the same time."
To avoid so many follow ups please specify your requirement well.Create a demo and provide the link so that others can look at your problem.

Regards
Ved

[Updated on: Sun, 05 December 2010 13:30]

Previous Topic: Application Express sql HELP NEEDED!
Next Topic: Importing from Development install to production "runtime only" installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:38:50 CDT 2024