Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Multi column LOV in Apex (Oeacle Apex 4.0)
Multi column LOV in Apex [message #461798] Mon, 21 June 2010 09:17 Go to next message
Its_me_ved
In apex, we can create a single value LOV. Is there a way to create multi column LOV?

Well, I have got a link where this is done by using Ajax, jQuery.
But as I am a beginner in Apex as well it quite a complex one for me. If anyone here solved this problem.

A demonstration will help me a lot

Regards
Ved
Re: Multi column LOV in Apex [message #462200 is a reply to message #461798] Wed, 23 June 2010 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
Quote:
I have got a link where this is done

So you know the answer of questions...

Quote:
we can create a single value LOV. Is there a way to create multi column LOV?

regards,
Delna
Re: Multi column LOV in Apex [message #462232 is a reply to message #462200] Wed, 23 June 2010 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its_me_ved
Well, I have asked if there is alternative.

@Delna
Do you have the solution ??

Regards,
Ved

[Updated on: Wed, 23 June 2010 04:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Multi column LOV in Apex [message #462276 is a reply to message #462232] Wed, 23 June 2010 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
Although I have done that, I look like stranger at AJAX and JQuery.
So before you ask to explain, I would like to say, I can't explain that part. Sad

regards,
Delna
Re: Multi column LOV in Apex [message #462287 is a reply to message #462276] Wed, 23 June 2010 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Is this the link you are saying about?

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=41715:15:3299602295638281::::P15_ORDER_ITEM_ID:2
Re: Multi column LOV in Apex [message #462331 is a reply to message #462287] Wed, 23 June 2010 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its_me_ved
Yes, I talked about that link. As I am a beginner in AJAX I asked for some alternative way instead of going for some complex code that I dont know.

I simply want to know If there is any solution using javascript or is there a way in apex itself.

Thanks
Ved
Re: Multi column LOV in Apex [message #462353 is a reply to message #462331] Wed, 23 June 2010 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How would that "multi column list of values" look like?

As far as I know, an Apex LoV contains two values: a display and a return value. A return value is what you use. A display value is what you see.

So, if you'd only want to see more than a single value when a LoV is displayed, you'll need to "fool" Apex so that it returns a single value, but that it consist of several values. How to do that? Using concatenation.

Here is an example; I don't know is that what you are looking for, but there's nothing else I can say. This list of values returns information about a car:
The original query                A modified query
----------------------------      -------------------------------------------------
select car_name display_val,      select car_name ||' / '||       
       car_id   return_val                 to_char(sysdate, 'dd.mm.yyyy') ||' / '||
from cars                                  'some value' display_val,
order by 2 desc                          car_id         return_val
                                  from cars
                                  order by 2 desc

The result, when a LoV is selected is as follows:

/forum/fa/7926/0/

Obviously, these are not "real" columns, but - if it suits your needs - use it.

I guess that's all I meant to say.

• Attachment: apex_lov.PNG
    (Size: 4.17KB, Downloaded 4028 times)
Re: Multi column LOV in Apex [message #462396 is a reply to message #462353] Thu, 24 June 2010 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its_me_ved
Quote:

Here is an example; I don't know is that what you are looking for, but there's nothing else I can say. This list of values returns information about a car:

Please have a look at the link provided by Sriram (ramoradba).
You can see a demonstration there (one similar to multi column LOV
in Oracle Forms.I believe you know that well.)

But as I am a beginner in ajax, jquery it would be too fast to work
with such complex code.

Therefore I asked if there is any alternative solution there using javascript.

I already mentioned that we can create a single value LOV in apex.

Hope you understand.

Regards
Ved

Re: Multi column LOV in Apex [message #462864 is a reply to message #461798] Mon, 28 June 2010 04:57 Go to previous message
Its_me_ved
Here is the link I found

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/application_express/howtos/how_to_create_custom_popups.html

Hope that it would help others

Regards
Ved
Previous Topic: How to send an error? (HTTP 400)
Next Topic: Setting multiple items based on a text field value without submitting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:56:45 CDT 2024