Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » How to Search and Edit in DML Form? (Apex 3.2.1, Win xp)
icon2.gif  How to Search and Edit in DML Form? [message #445810] Thu, 04 March 2010 04:09 Go to next message
BBMamun
Hi, I am in trouble with a very simple task.

1. Make a DML form on any table say table1.
2. The form must appear empty on page load.
3. Then supply search values in form items (text, select list etc) that is primary key value/ construct primary key value from the concatenation of several items.
4. Click a button say Search then the result must appear in the DML form.
5. Edit the record and Save it.

(Sounds Similar to Forms 10g)

It must be a DML Form only not a custom made Search/Edit form, Coz Idont want to miss Oracle facilities.

This is the task I am stuck into. I cant do it in Apex. I am developing a Web Application In Apex where I must provide this facility to the users.

Looking for your Help
Re: How to Search and Edit in DML Form? [message #445818 is a reply to message #445810] Thu, 04 March 2010 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
Login into Apex
Application Developer
Click on the application you want to add form into
Create page
Form
Form on a Table or View
Select Owner
Select Table
Next
Next
Select Primary key
Next
Select Columns you want to update/insert
Select parameters as per requirement

regards,
Delna
Re: How to Search and Edit in DML Form? [message #446296 is a reply to message #445818] Sun, 07 March 2010 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BBMamun
Hi Delna,

What you have suggested is just a wizard driven form page creation. Where is the selection of search columns so that the records appear in the form based on the input parameter selected in the form?? I am talking about similar actions as we do in Oracle Forms using EXECUTE_QUERY procedure for populating the form based on search criteria.

Hasan AL Mamun
Re: How to Search and Edit in DML Form? [message #446356 is a reply to message #446296] Sun, 07 March 2010 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
As I don't know Oracle Forms, I can't help you out in this problem.
I think you should go for OTN, you will get quick reply over there.

regards,
Delna
Re: How to Search and Edit in DML Form? [message #447076 is a reply to message #445810] Thu, 11 March 2010 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keywee2000
The concepts behind this are slightly different from Oracle Forms to Apex.

In Forms (if I remember correctly) you build a form/block on a table and then you can can ENTQRY and EXEQRY to get data into it, which you can then modify once you are out of query mode.

In Apex, the quickest method for this (and one that can be created using a wizard) is to create a Report + form on a table. The idea is that you create a report (go for Interactive, as it automatically contains a search bar at the top of the report) that lists your data and allows you to search through it. Once you find the record that you want to edit, you click the edit icon and this brings up your pre-populated form containing that data and ready to edit.

(The same page is used in a create mode as part of the wizard as well when you press the Create button).

Hope that at least points you in the right direction.
Re: How to Search and Edit in DML Form? [message #447697 is a reply to message #447076] Wed, 17 March 2010 07:34 Go to previous message
BBMamun
Hi keywee2000 thanks for the tips.
Actually as far as I have seen in the apex, Form with report is the best solution. Thanks again
Previous Topic: Web Development in Oracle APEX
Next Topic: To run a pl/sql process in Apex
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:57:25 CDT 2024