Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » DBConsole causing database slowness- EMD_NOTIFICATION.QUEUE_READY causes SQL*Net break/reset waits
DBConsole causing database slowness- EMD_NOTIFICATION.QUEUE_READY causes SQL*Net break/reset waits [message #357548] Wed, 05 November 2008 18:01
stevekerver
Hi everyone- we have Oracle 10.2.0.3 installed on Solaris.
We are using the OEM dbconsole to manage our notification alerts, performance monitoring, etc.

We are having an issue where the procedure SYSMAN.EMD_NOTIFICATION.QUEUE_READY is causing a SIGNIFICANT amount of slowness in the database.
More specifically, this procedure is waiting on the event "SQL*Net break/reset to client" in the wait class Application.
If we shut the dbconsole off ($emctl stop dbconsole), the problem stops.

One would think that because this is something supplied by Oracle, it wouldn't happen, but noooo...

I have already tried to drop and re-create the repository using the syntax $emca -config dbcontrol db -repos recreate

...I've Asked Tom, Burleson, Google, Metalink- and no luck.

DBConsole used to work without any problem, and also currently works without any problem on our other production servers, but this- ahh- it is the bane of my existence. We need dbconsole for monitoring...

Anyone who has any insight into this problem would truly be my hero.

Thanks!
Previous Topic: Question about repository creation
Next Topic: View current statement of pipelined function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:58:56 CDT 2024